Friend gave me access to his Adobe account (I’m never giving Adobe money again), and it looks like they don’t even support Firefox. That means I’m not using even the one remaining browser-based Adobe service that’s left.

Adobe forcing you to use Chrome instead of Firefox to use their service

• Presi300@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

It is, but it got to this because of people like some in this comment thread.

“Why have variety, why try anything different, competition? No idea what that is, I’ma just keep using my google chrome, to search things on my google search engine, that comes up with google youtube results, while serving me google ads and google trackers on my already google owned web browser. Oh, and at the end of the day, let me check my google gmail to see if I’ve missed anything from the day. And adblockers? They are piracy, manifest v3 brings a lot of features to the table and isn’t just a shallow attempt to kill adblockers.”

It’s OK if you don’t wanna use firefox, but it needs to exist, not just symbolically and bullshit like this needs to be talked about more. People need to complain about it, instead of blaming mozilla for “not having feature parity” (which is complete bullshit).