The virtual school says its hands are tied due to Florida’s “don’t say gay” law. However, the teacher has lodged a complaint against it.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Here’s an idea- let’s not care if it’s fucking stupid and call people what they want to be called?

• 100_percent_a_bot@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

I want to be addressed as “your highness”, can you do that for me? Would be pretty bigoted if you don’t, just saying

• oldbaldgrumpy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Here’s a better idea why don’t the few conform with the masses rather than the other way around. That’s some bullshit I’ll never do.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

You want people to conform more? Do you live in the 1950s? This is 2023 when people have the freedom to express themselves and identify as who they want to identify as. Get out of the 20th century.

• oldbaldgrumpy@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          8 months ago

I am also one of those people and I will never recognize any of that other than ridiculous ultra left bullshit. People have freedom to play make believe, I have the freedom to not participate in their foolishness.

• Chaotic Entropy@feddit.uk
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            8 months ago

A precious summer child who thinks that this is ultra left wing.

“I just want to live in a centralised commune, where the concept of currency doesn’t exist… but Mx? Well I’m not that ultra left.”

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            8 months ago

Yes, you can also never recognize that “f*g” and “n****r” are not acceptable in society anymore and still use them. You have the freedom to do that too. You have the freedom to be as big an asshole as you want to be.

But you shouldn’t have that freedom to fire people over how they express themselves.

Enjoy your bigotry. You seem very proud of it.

• Seasoned_Greetings@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            8 months ago

I would go further than that and assert that when you say most people, because of your specific demographic, you really just mean the people you know, who are outside of the range of groups actually accepting the kind of change you’re against.

In a way, you’re right. Most people that you find to be rational would agree that it’s just plain ridiculous. It’s just that the groups that you don’t find rational are growing and the groups that agree with your mindset are shrinking.

The evidence of that can be found by just observing how often this kind of thing happens at all. It used to not happen. Now it does enough to make news kind of often.