RIP my lvl 51 necro. Cause of death: Lag

Is that hardcore? I don’t think so.

I sent Blizzard a message. Even after they directed me to there generic response of “we can’t restore your HC character no matter what”.

I figure, enough complaints and they might try to fix the issue.

Any other similar tragic stories out there?

• BukoSpooko@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Haven’t done a HC run and currently not planning on it since lag has been my primary source of death so far. Getting a lag spike in a thick mob rarely ends well. Feels bad.

• Frog@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

W/e the cause for your death. That indeed is hardcore. A bug crash? They can’t help. If you are fine with this, play hardcore. Otherwise don’t. It’s rough.

• Xanderill@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It didn’t use to be hardcore. We went backwards. D2 had offline mode. I have 0 expectation of them restoring my character, but I find it very hard to believe it isn’t possible. I just want to pressure them to change the system. Offline mode being the seemingly obvious, best choice.

• Frog@lemmy.world
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I agree. Fully. Being an online live service game or won’t happen tho. Ever. We need to accept and move on sadly.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

If enough people expressed this, it is possible that some sort of compromise would be made. I never say never. Do you know why/how they became so averse to it?

• winklecrux@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Unfortunately, anyone could lie about how their character died. There’s no way they would allow it to be restored.

That’s HC for ya.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I’m aware it won’t be restored and it’s not a big deal to me. But I can’t see myself running the risk again. If they had an offline mode or would restore characters that had lag, I would though. Seems like such an easy fix to get alot of people playing the game type they enjoy.

Personally, I could care less if people lied. I’m playing for me.