Created on June 1 of this year, lemmy.world quickly grew to 51k users and then blew up after reddit’s API debacle on July 1, doubling to a whopping 100k in just 9 days later!

• MxM111@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

First, it is not just lemmy, it is the fediverse (replying to you from kbin.social - my preferred cup of tea). Second, I see that the mostly good people/posters are leaving Reddit, I do not see, for example, personal attacks when people disagree here in fediverse, I see no removed/moderated comments or posts. I am sure it happens here too, it is just so rare… it reminds me of the days of mass migration from digg. So, at least for now I think this is great, and it separates people who are ready to stand for principles from the rest. Welcome.

• Metal Zealot @lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I agree, the vibe has generally been more upbeat and optimistic, with the occasional venting. Thank you for the welcome! I’m still figuring out how the fediverse works, but it makes sense more or less. Hopefully more people can see the benefit of truly being in control of your content you put out, as well as the content that you see.