UFC star Paige VanZant said OnlyFans allows her to make ‘life-changing money’

• Thief_of_Crows@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

Opiates and amphetamines are wildly different classes of drugs. The vast majority of overdose deaths are due to opiates. You can very much function in the real world while on amphetamines, which is not true for opiates (at average doses of each). There was a time actually when MLB players were regularly using amphetamines as a performance enhancing drug. There are definitely some lifestyle reasons one might choose to use them (for instance, all of the reasons people take Adderall, which afaik doesn’t have any truly “medicinal” value, it just straightens out peoples brains). I’d agree that opiates shouldn’t be legal short of strict use in medical care, but I think amphetamines have enough recreational value with a low enough risk involved that we should be allowed to use them as we see fit (with proper guidance).

It’s similar with Psilocybin etc., there is a clear medical purpose to them, but there is also a clear recreational value to them. Mushrooms were responsible for me coming to understand my place in the universe, you could say. There is a potential for abuse, but there is also a potential for great benefit when used correctly.