• m0darn@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

You said tire pollution is potentially worse for the environment than tailpipe emissions. That is a wildly irresponsible thing to say. That’s what I was objecting to.

There absolutely are people arguing that ICs are better for the environment, as if climate change doesn’t affect the environment.

If you’re going to buy a new car, don’t, but if you’re going to buy one anyway, prioritize reducing of ghg emissions.

Edited: changed “euphemistically” to reducing, my fault for not proofreading my auto correct (I use swore typing on my phone so sometimes things go really sideways)

• SkepticalButOpenMinded@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Then you’re responding to the wrong comment. The comment you’re responding to is one where I say that tire pollution is worse than brake pollution. In the thread where I say that tire pollution can be worse in some ways than tailpipe emissions, I specify that EVs are still better than ICEs for the climate.

So you’re responding to a comment where I didn’t say what you claim I said, while accusing me of holding a position I don’t hold.

• m0darn@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

I don’t think I’m in the wrong comment chain, and I think I commented before you clarified re climate change.

Also I’ve edited one of my comments explaining a really weird auto correct replacement i didn’t catch, which may explain why you feel I’m accusing you of things.