Hello. I’m not sure if it’s related in any way to piracy, but I don’t know yet of a better place to ask this question on Lemmy, and people often search for PDF magazines on pirate sites (like those from megathread). I have some old magazines, which I would like to scan - page by page - into digital form (for now for personal use) and merge scanned pages into PDFs for convenient reading. Some of these magazines have hundreds of pages each, so I would like to convert them to digital both fast (preferably a few pages in one minute), reliably (without blurred text and images in some places on each page), and in best quality possible. Do I need a professional scanner (for example in a multifunctional office-grade laser printer)? Could a decent portable scanner do the job just as right? Or is my phone’s camera with an appropriate scanner app completely sufficient for that? I would like to read your thoughts about this.

• passepartout@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yes, that would be awesome. Right now most discussions regarding data hoarding are done in self hosting communities while e.g. adblocking discussions are often done here in the piracy community. That would both be communities with great potential and also even kind of fitting to the dbzer0 instance.