link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Israel says it attacks military targets in line with international law and takes steps to reduce civilian casualties, like issuing warnings ahead of strikes and calling on people to evacuate.

Starting by discussing Gaza, Mr Macron said France “clearly condemns” Hamas’s attacks on Israel on 7 October which sparked the war.

But Mr Macron said he disagreed that the best way for Israel to “protect [itself] is having a large bombing of Gaza”, saying it was creating “resentment and bad feelings” in the region that would prolong the conflict.

After a month of Israeli bombardment and nearly two weeks after Israel launched a major ground offensive into the territory, Gaza’s Hamas-run health ministry said on Friday that 11,078 people had been killed, while 1.5 million had fled their homes.

And he said that climate change was causing terrorism in parts of the world, specifically mentioning the effects of global warming in lower water levels at Lake Chad in West Africa.

But when asked if he ever felt depressed by the sheer number of issues facing the world, Mr Macron said he saw it as “a chance and an honour to have responsibilities [as head of state]”.

The original article contains 1,079 words, the summary contains 196 words. Saved 82%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!