link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Nearly half of the homes in Gaza have been destroyed or damaged by the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas, the United Nations reported.

According to a recently released report from the U.N. surveying a preliminary aerial assessment of structural damage in Gaza, 45 percent of the homes in Gaza have been destroyed or damaged.

Airstrikes have hit Gaza repeatedly over the course of several weeks, after the Palestinian militant group Hamas entered Israel in a surprise attack on Oct. 7.

Israeli forces have said approximately 1,200 people were killed in the initial attack.

“Significant damage has been inflicted upon critical infrastructure and essential services, affecting people’s ability to maintain their dignity and basic living standards,” the U.N. wrote.

The report said there are 1.5 million internally displaced residents, which makes up 65 percent of Gaza’s population.

The original article contains 261 words, the summary contains 137 words. Saved 48%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!