When the whole Reddit fiasco started happening, I saw a lot of people wiping and deleting their Reddit accounts and moving elsewhere, like here on Lemmy.

Now that it’s starting to die down a little bit, does anyone regret doing that? Or are you glad that you took that step?

• tentphone@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Zero regrets. So far the content has been better and people have been nicer, the experience on Lemmy app I use is very similar to the 3rd party Reddit app I was using, and the official Reddit app is so much worse than both of them that I am not at all tempted to use it.

• elscallr@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Ngl I miss all the niche communities from reddit that actually had content. Like there’s nothing for The West Wing or The Wire on the lemmybin. Last hype shit for Starfield on the largest Starfield Magazine was like 3 days ago.

Not that I really need or get that much out of that content but it’s shit I like to talk about. And sure I can create the communities or post the content, but it’s like yelling into an abyss right now.

That’ll change as more people join, of course, it’s just a part I miss.

• RheingoldRiver@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I’ve joined a ton of new discords in the past few weeks. they’re keeping me together until the threadiverse takes off.