• Limeey@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

It’s too bad that the poor performances is for the women leading installment, but good god how can anyone sit through another fuckin marvel movie.

My hot take: I haven’t legitimately cared about a superhero movie since Ironman 2. I can’t deal with the same dumbass “quips” and overdone stories. Every trailer looks the same.

I think we’re back to the age where you have to care about the comics to see these movies. And I never cared about comics.

• bl4ckblooc@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I think the first GOTG was the last one I really cared about. I forced myself to watch I finish Wars and Rise of Ultron so that I would understand the memes.

• NightOwl@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Yeah, I haven’t even checked out Gen V or Batman because I got tired of huge quantity of them that have felt like got churned out since they also started doing TV shows for them, and tying it in with the movies.

At that point I decided they weren’t good enough to keep up with hours of content. It was less of a chore when it was 1 or 2 movies to keep up. Same for star wars.

Although, the Moving kdrama actually was something I reluctantly watched after constantly being recommended to see it, and that I did enjoy. But, probably because all the power stuff could have been completely stripped away and still been a good show, so wasn’t relying soley on the existence of powers to be interesting but more set dressing.

• Limeey@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

Oh my bad, I thought we were having a discussion. Next time I’ll be quiet until I have an opinion that you agree with!