I am a noob when it comes to scotch, but this was quite tasty, so I picked up a bottle. It turns out that I like smokey scotch, and this one has a bit of sweetness as well.

• Lysergid@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Here is few smoky you could explore. Some of them bit smoky. Others will make you think ’am I drinking liquid coal’:

• Port Charlotte 10yo
    • Talisker 10yo
    • Ardbeg 10yo
    • Lagavulin 10yo
    • Bowmore 12yo
    • The Giant Korean@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Thank you! I remember trying one a long time ago and thinking that I was licking the inside of an ash tray, so I avoided smokey scotch for a long time. I think I just tried the wrong one. Which on the list would you say is the least smokey?

• undercrust@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Talisker is probably the least smokey on that list. The Talisker Storm bottles are very tasty.

• Lysergid@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        8 months ago

Talisker is least smokey but at the same time I find it very strong comparing to others (no surprise. It’s 46%). That’s why I prefer Port Charlotte, it’s more smokey but drinks more pleasant as for my taste

• psyc@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Lagavulin 16 and Port Charlotte are my go to smokey scotches but most of the Islay ones have a nice smokey taste

• farcaster@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

I’ve never encounted this, but that’s some appealing packaging. I also do like a smokey Islay blend…

• corsicanguppy@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

My twin loves smoky stuff, the fool. I don’t. But we both sit on the Single Malt side of the fence.

It’s gonna be highly subjective, so try everything, and find stuff you like; ideally within your budget.