link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

BRUSSELS, Nov 12 (Reuters) - The European Union on Sunday condemned Hamas for using “hospitals and civilians as human shields” in Gaza, while also urging Israel to show “maximum restraint” to protect civilians.

Hospitals in the north of the Palestinian enclave are blockaded by Israeli forces and barely able to care for those inside, according to medical staff.

“The EU condemns the use of hospitals and civilians as human shields by Hamas,” European Union foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said in a statement issued on behalf of the 27-nation bloc.

At the same time, he urged Israel to exercise maximum restraint, stressing the obligation under international humanitarian law to protect hospitals, medical supplies and civilians inside hospitals.

“These hostilities are severely impacting hospitals and taking a horrific toll on civilians and medical staff,” Borrell warned.

“In this context, we urge Israel to exercise maximum restraint to ensure the protection of civilians.”

The original article contains 245 words, the summary contains 151 words. Saved 38%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!