• FishFace@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

What phone call are you talking about? There was a call relating to the explosion at al Ahli hospital where some people claimed the audio was edited but the only reasoning they had was that one speaker was in one channel and the other speaker in the other channel. That is exactly what you would expect from a wiretap though - the signal for the two speakers is not present in the same wire at the same time, so it needs to be assembled from two separate data sources.

• المنطقة عكف عفريت@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

what you would expect from a wiretap though

Source? I don’t really know how wiretaps work.

That audio call has been criticized for all sorts of problems. The dialect, the audio put together, the vagueness of the discussion, the fact that the two people sound like two neighbours chatting and not two vetted resistance fighters, etc.

Another example is Israel’s most recent claim that the hospital (Al Shifa this time) refused to receive fuel. The phone call is only a few seconds long, the word “fuel” is never mentioned in it, and as an Arabic speaker, I recognized immediately that they were arguing about the “amount” and not the fuel itself. Yet the IDF have published this as “evidence” that the hospital is refusing the fuel delivery, allowing more babies to die. I think it’s quite laughable. Turned out later that the IDF promised 2k liters, then decided to send only 300 liters, which would have powered the hospital for half an hour… totally ignoring that the main issue is that people are being sniped inside the hospital itself, and the yard is filling up with dead and decomposing bodies, some shot for simply stepping foot outside.

I’ve considered writing about this at more length. I think the Israeli propaganda machine has the quality you would expect from a hobbyist, yet with high aspirations.

• banneryear1868@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

The quality and absurdity of IDF propaganda recently gives the impression they don’t take it seriously either. It used to be pretty convincing, but I think they’re at the point where everyone running the show is an extremist who can’t consider the outside perspective. So it becomes this schizophrenic thing where the propaganda is directed at a hypothetical viewer they’ve envisioned who doesn’t really exist. Some of the stuff showing up on my YouTube is straight up uncanny valley weirdness.

Also if everything the IDF is promoting here are the true facts of the situation it still doesn’t justify their actions to the world. The number of people who are finally realizing this is at least a good thing. The response to ceasefire protests from the Israel propaganda machine shares the schizophrenic tone with some of the propaganda as well, to the point where they’re calling Jewish groups non-Jews and equating peace with anti-Semitism.