Audiobooks, e-Books, Paper, etc.?

• Kevin Rogers@mstdn.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

@kadu @ArmoredCavalry To be honest, the main thing that bothers me about eBooks is that it doesn’t support my local bookstore. I tend to buy eBooks from Amazon because it is convenient (yes, I know there are other options, but I admit to laziness here). Local, independent bookstores are a precious resource and I will be mad at myself when they are gone. I will look at the hundreds of books on my Kindle and feel guilty.

• ArmoredCavalry@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That’s a really good point, I love any visit to local bookstores (especially when visiting new areas). I should really get into the habit of making some form of purchase whenever I visit one. If nothing else, just to help keep them afloat!

• Kevin Rogers@mstdn.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

@ArmoredCavalry Amen!

Once they are gone, they aren’t coming back. My best friend works in our local bookstore and I rarely need a book right away…but I’m embarrassed to say that I give into the temptation of convenience far too often and order from Amazon. That bookstore has been there all my life and it would be a big loss to the community if it went away.