I’ve got a nephew who is 3-something years old. He’s really into airplanes. All of the ideas of gifts I’ve found have either been books (I give him books, but I’d like to give him something interactive) or toys that are way above his age level.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good gift for a 3 to 4-year-old who loves airplanes?

Edit: I just want to give a big thanks to all of you for being so helpful. I’ve got some great ideas for Christmas, his birthday, and beyond if he remains fascinated by planes. Very helpful.

• intensely_human@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I helped a friend’s daughter make paper airplanes once. She was all excited about making all sorts of new airplanes but none of them were flying.

So over the course of a few weeks I had her repeat the same basic airplane again and again, until she mastered it. At first she hated the idea of going back and doing the same airplane again, but as her folds got better and her airplanes started to fly better, she got really into it.

The grin that spread over her face when she realized she could get better at things was amazing.

And she was six. I’m not sure if an airplane a day would be appropriate for a three year old.