I’ve seen these mentioned in a few places as a promising new budget option, but there’s very little commentary on them. They come in linear and tactile varieties with different spring weights available. Is the factory lube decent?

The price seems hard to beat - and as an 1800-layout user, the price for ~100 switches can add up fast!

• genexcore@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Even if the factory lube isnt decent, crack them open and do it to your liking! add some films while you’re there!

I, personally, wouldn’t order from aliexpress. I don’t know if I could wait weeks-months for switches. But then again, I have been waiting 3 months for a switch group buy I’m in. So grain of salt, I guess.

• Astronomik@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Haha, you are probably right about the lube! I am relatively new to the hobby and haven’t crossed that bridge yet. With other responsibilities and all, it’s a lot of time to commit.

I definitely know what you mean about AliExpress, it would be quite a wait. Fortunately I’m in no rush, more like I’m just curious to try something new.

• genexcore@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It was the first mod I did. It’s really not as bad as you might think. I find it therapeutic, I don’t drop hours on it. I would normally do 20-25 a night while watching a TV show.