A thread to discuss daily events discussions etc. Please be civil and encourage discourse.

• RamesesKnibs@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Huh really? I unpin the old ones each day and can only see this one, the Summer Transfer Thread and the Journo Reliability Guide pinned

• wesley_cook@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think it might actually be something with my app cause i just noticed it looks fine in the web browser 🤔

Now I’m confused. I’m using wefwef.app

• RamesesKnibs@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Ha now I’m really confused because I’m using wefwef at the moment and it’s fine for me! I wonder if it’s a weird app bug because you’re on lemmy.ml and I’m on lemmy.world (same instance as the community)?

• itsmikeyd@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

Can you try pinning then unpinning again. I’m guessing there are some synchronisation issues across the federation.

Edit: I’ve commented on the posts that are still pinned for me.

• Skyraptor7@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

Might be a way for me to do this periodically automatically. Please let me know if this issue resurfaces. I can add a script that (attempts) to unpin all previous posts on like a Saturday morning made by the bot. This should resolve this issue if it’s a case of bad cache somewhere.

• itsmikeyd@lemmy.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

Will keep an eye out. I’ve seen this on a few communities now, so there’s definitely room for improvement on the whole federation side of things.