So I was wondering if I should buy D4.

I am a huge d2 fan with hundreds of hours laddering doing mf runs and trading to get those juicy rune words, both on the original game and resurrected.

Like many D2/Poe players, I was and still am hugely disappointed by D3. And I really dislike what blizzard has become.

That being said, is Diablo 4 a good game? And more importantly, a good Diablo game?

• Gozumir@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I do have grim dawn but I barely played it. I am going to give it a fair shot. Thanks for the detailed answer! From what I gather, D4 is probably not worth the money for me atm.

• Zerfallen@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I went back to GD to finally play the expansion DLCs, and followed that directly with D4. The whole time playing D4, I’ve been missing things about GD. I think GD is just better in almost every way except for graphics and some of the area concepts in D4 are also nicely varied. But GD gameplay, builds, itemization just all feels more fun.

That said, I’m still enjoying D4 for now, but not sure if i will create another class after i finish the campaign. I might hop straight to PoE2 instead (which i haven’t played since it was first released).