Found on a generic smartwatch listing on Amazon.

• AttackBunny@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My resting heart rate is comically low. Like 43bpm low. I couldn’t imagine 86bpm as resting. 50 feels fast to me at this point.

Every damn time someone puts one of those stupid heart rate monitors on me they start panicking.

I ended up in the er (not my idea) and once I was back in the room, with the monitor on, every five minutes or so, some nurse would poke their head in “ you feeling ok?” “You sure?” “Your heart rate is really low. You sure you’re ok?”

• TurtleTourParty@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Before the surgery they sent me in for a testing procedure and I kept setting off the alarm. It seemed to happen whenever my heart rate dropped below 45bpm. No one seemed concerned though

• AttackBunny@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Eventually, both husband and I would say I’m a runner, when they would come in, and that seemed to assuage their concerns. The first handful asked that, and I’d say yes, and they seemed good with that answer. I’m sure a lot of their concern was because I was there for heart things to begin with.

I did also learn that day that the apple watch heart rate was spot on with the one in the hospital. The hospital turned the alarm off pretty quickly since it wouldn’t shut up.

I’ve had other way weirder experiences with nurses freaking about my low heartrate though.

FWIW “normal” heart rates are like 60-100 (and women apparently have higher. I’m a woman) so I can see a wildly low deviation setting some alarm bells off, but if patient isn’t even surprised or concerned, that should be a pretty good indication of it being normal for them.