• Kettellkorn@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Him honestly I thought EA has been delivered fairly high quality games over the last year or 2. Feel like they’ve really turned their reputation around minus their sports games

• 佐藤カズマ@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              1 year ago

See: Literally any EA sports game. The new Battlefront as well. Yes I’m still bitter Disney fucked up such a good series.

• Kettellkorn@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

Yes but I did say minus EA sports. Actually EA and EA sports are sort of separating in the near future which will be interesting.

Totally agree Disney botched Star Wars (and continues to) and BF2, especially at launch what a complete and utter disaster. Other than that tho we see It Takes Two, Jedi Fallen Order/Survivor, Apex/Titanfall, Dead Space remake, and Mass Effect remasters.

They are kind of on a roll here recently not counting 2042 which they are desperately trying to fix, they’ve constantly released banger after banger. Not too upset about the new EA.

• 佐藤カズマ@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

Sure. But I am still bitter :/ In any case, I haven’t really touched any EA games as a result of the PTSD from their shit era, so…

• RGB3x3@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                1 year ago

Ugh, Disney gave EA the exclusive rights to make Star Wars games like 10 years ago and we’ve gotten what, 3 original games out of them? Plus two sequels?

Absolutely pathetic and such wasted opportunity.

• Kettellkorn@lemmy.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

They no longer have exclusive rights thank god. It was too little too late tbh because the starfighter game they made was dope and both Jedi games were good too. They really blew it lol.

• 佐藤カズマ@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

Unironically, they could have just brought back the OG Battlefront and I (and likely thousands of others) would have jumped at it. But apparently simplicity is asking too much of mega-corporations now.

• HughJanus@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I’m still quite enjoying Marvel. I just got Guardians of the Galaxy game on Steam Sale (Eidos) for $18 and it’s an absolute joy. Great characters, great story, great mechanics, beautiful, no BS.

Spider-Man was also great fun.

• themeatbridge@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

There are lots of other games that have nothing to do with Marvel. Spiderman and GotG have had some excellent games, but if that’s not your thing, play something else.