• Mermitian@lemm.eeOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m sad to see that there isn’t any medium density for offices, commercial and industry, I had hoped for them to be there.

But holy damn, dynamic farmlands? And that huge mine? That is great stuff, basically one of the few things that Cities (x?)XL did super well!

• Mermitian@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

And no zoning brush anymore, but we do get architecture themes straight from the zoning tool! It also looks like the zoning options can change depending on that theme, as the names in the video specifically mention NA. If true that would be great for modding!

• varzaman@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

There was a zoning brush? I thought the tools mentioned were the same tools in C:S 1.

• varzaman@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Ahhh gotcha. I almost always exclusively used paint anyways, so didn’t even know that was a thing lol.

• Mermitian@lemm.eeOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Also, the developers are starting their holidays today, until the 7th of August. So they won’t answer questions until then.

Colossal Order: on summer holiday until the 7th of August

• Rentlar@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The dynamic feel of industrial zones looks very appealing. I’m very glad that the Industries DLC stuff won’t be entirely separate from vanilla industries like how it was in CS:1.

Also, homeless people occupying abandoned buildings? That sounds like an interesting mechanic. I wonder if the squatters will be represented by actual unemployed cims or just by a rotting building.