• Onfire@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Maybe pre 2000s. NOwadays, man are very much involved in every aspect of the family if given the chance. I get most men still don’t care but it’s changing!

This might be a rare scenario. Both me and my wife work long hours. I am more in charge of the family, kids, chores, and fixing our house. She took everything for granted until one day I stopped doing chores that i have been nagging her for years to do so i can focus on issues surrounding the house(we own a large century old house) I am also the one on top of our kids health, diet, and education. Oh, I cook for the family. Sometimes I told her I am the MoM and the Dad and she’s the friend. Friend can’t raise friends.

Every time I confront the responsibility among us and that she should Mom up, my mom, her mom, and my wife starts accusing me for being difficult.

I had home cooked food on the table every night and I got no recognition from the 3 women in my life. When she made something once in a bluemoon, she got all the praise. My mom dare to gell me I gotta start cooking more for the family. Lmao. I can never win.