Signal chain: Boss NS-2 —> Polytune 3 Mini —> EHX Cock Fight —> Wampler Triumph —> Boss JB-2 —> EHX Big Muff tone wicker —> AMP Monoprice Stageright 611815 (JCM800 clone) —> NS-2 again —> Zoom Multistomp —> TC Electronic Bucket Brigade —> Digitech Polara —> Flamma multimod

I’m currently loving everything in this set up except for the JB-2. I love the blues driver side, especially stacked with the Triumph, but the Angry Charlie is hard for me to bone with. Its very situational for me because the Big Muff is my favorite high gain tone, but I rarely need to employ something that’s just a step below that. If anyone has some tips for it, LMK!

• ßrando@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Gain wise I always need a tune screamer on my board. Tune screamer and blues driver are great stacked. If you’re not into TS style pedals I recommend some sort of klon clone. People recommend the tumnus a lot, I just got a Golden horse for $25 and it is awesome for lower gain stuff

• soonito@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The Triumph is a tube screamer, but I like rolling the mids off for a more flat eq. I have the golden horse but it’s been off of my board for a while so maybe I’ll try that between the muff and the triumph. I love the sound of the BD with the TS, its the perfect amount of harshness without being overbearingly shrill for me.