• Lanthanae@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

What headphones are they? Can they not just pair to multiple devices? I have mine hooked up to my two laptops and my phone, and they just automatically connect to whatever one I’m using (unless I’m using both in which case I just have to toggle it on the second device if I want).

• Solar Bear@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Sorry, to be clear, they’re not Bluetooth. I’ve got a set of Meze 99 Neos. I’ve got my desktop, laptop, phone, and Steam Deck that I use them on regularly. I’ve had Bluetooth headphones in the past and I’ve never had one that can pair to 4 things, not to mention trying to get it to connect to the right one when more than one has power is annoying.

These ones are also sturdy, easy to repair, and use a standard 2.5mm to 3.5mm connection. There’s no battery to wear out and no electronics of any kind to fail. So long as I don’t physically break them, I expect them to keep working for many years to come. There’s no wireless headphones I’m aware of and certainly no wireless earbuds that I can say that about. I have no interest in buying devices designed to be consumed and discarded past a certain date.