• TheGrandNagus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

Homie. there is no thought given on how background apps should behave other than “just dont have any background apps”.

If you’re just going to make up blatant lies then I’m not even going to engage with you. Nobody ever said that, or anything like it. Nor is the statement before that true, either.

Im not even gonna mention how there’s a dang bar at the top already blocking my view, but it wont tell you which apps are open. Unless you get an extension for it.

Oh no, a bar. At the top. That’s not how Windows does it! I don’t like it!

I don’t want a tiny slim bar that gives me the Activities button, workspace indicator, workspace switcher, date, time, calendar drop down, notifications, media control, volume control, battery level, quick settings, etc. what I really need is this bar, that I’ve already said is “blocking my view” to be 3x thicker and constantly show me what I have open, despite me already knowing they’re open, because I opened them, and they’re right in front of me.

Look, if you prefer the Win95 UX paradigm, good for you. Have a gold star ⭐. Lots of people do, it’s what people are used to. There’s nothing wrong with using it.

But guess what? Not everyone wants the Win95 UX. To me, it seems archaic, clunky, the workflow is bad, it wastes space, it looks bad, and constantly makes me fight the DE whenever I have to use it.