You heard me. I honestly love anime, and even a bit of horniness is fine, but as I watch more and more and run out of “mainstream” things to watch, I find myself in the same situation over and over:

I watch the first few episodes of an anime and then it reveals some unpleasant tropes, often involving either lack of consent, minors, or both.

So I’m just looking for your top 3 anime suggestions that DON’T include loli/misogyny content.

Bonus points for isekai because I love that shit.

Edit: example of an amazing one - “Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill”

• chipacabras@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

These are all romance/romcom if you’re looking for something a little different

Insomniacs after school - romance from last season

Kaguya as others mentioned

Wotakoi: love is hard for an otaku - one of my favorites and I’m surprised it hasn’t been mentioned yet. I feel like it’s one of the rare romance anime’s that focus on working (post college) people

Horimiya - plus bonus season is airing now

Irina the vampire cosmonaut: romance is more of a secondary genre for this, but still really good. The OP has a really relaxing vibe too

ReLife - classic, but for a reason. What if you could go back and redo high school.

Any that you recommend? I’m with you that some of the less desirable tropes can really put a tamper on some good shows. Sorry there’s no isekai, I feel like a lot of them tend to have at least some fan service

• aebrer@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thanks for your list, appreciate it :)

My faves lately have been:

• Chainsaw Man
      • Jujustu Kaisen
      • Heavenly Delusion
      • Dr. Stone
      • Saiki K
      • Mob Psycho 100 (the absolute best)
      • Assassination Classroom
      • Dororo
    • fivetwofoureight@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Wotakoi + Gekkan Shojou + Skip and Loafer is my new trifecta of good vibes
      Also Flying Witch stands out as an iyashikei show that isn’t CGDCT.