I was getting a trade-in quote of $250 for my 128gb 7 Pro last week, now it’s up to $315. Not quite at the $500 I got for my 6 Pro this time last year though.

• sacbuntchris@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

One thing about the trade-in values: Google broadcasts loud and clear that their phones don’t hold value. Their $900 dollar phone from last year is worth, according to them (!), $250-$315 today. Absolutely astounding that they admit this so clearly.

• Nath@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Why would I actually want to trade in my Pixel 7 for a Pixel 8, though? Even for a straight swap, the hardware upgrade is negligible and I’d lose Photo Spheres on the software side.

I’m unconvinced the 8 is even a superior phone at this point.

• sacbuntchris@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

The selfie camera and rear facing ultra wide on the 7 have a lot of room for improvement. Also the flat display.

• Chup@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

As the prices are mentioned in US-Dollar, this offer is likely only available in the USA. E.g. I’m currently getting a Black Friday offer for the full price of 1.099€ for the Pixel 8 Pro but a 100€ store voucher is included.

• simple@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Oh man everyone who just bought a Pixel 8 last month is going to be really mad