both Linux operating systems have 1. A friendly user interface, 2. A hidden terminal, and 3. A locked down root user, to avoid dangerous actions!! Why do people seem to dislike Android when Ubuntu is similar to it??

• 01adrianrdgz@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

no!! I’m not a troll, but Ubuntu uses sudo commands instead of root. And using root is not encouraged… I’m sorry!!

• Euphoma@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      8 months ago

Sudo is root. It executes commands as the root user on every linux distro.

• 01adrianrdgz@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        8 months ago

yes I know, I’m sorry. I love both Android and Ubuntu!! And you can get sudo in Android, but it can void the warranty of your phone.

• phx@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

You can potentially get sudo on Android, but the ability to do so largely depends on the device. I guess there may be some devices which run on Linux and lock the user out from installing their own version or accessing super-user, but that’s a lot less common.

I would say that Android is not Linux, but it is based on Linux. The ACK is a based on the core Linux kernel, but with additions that aren’t found in mainline and a fairly different userspace and lack of a GNU C library. They’re more like cousins than siblings at this point.