• jlow (he/him)@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I’m using it daily but would be open to alternatives (markdown notes that can be synchronised locally between desktop and mobile) since their search (even after recently finding out that Ctrl-P is miles better) is just a desaster.

• people@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Thanks for the tip about Ctrl-P.

As for the normal search box, I’ve found that adding wildcard character helps.

e.g. searching for “some” does not include notes with the word “something”, but “some*” would.

• graphito@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Would be interested in more detailed followup about the search. Anything in particular stands out?

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

What I’d want is to do Ctrl-F anywhere to search everything, then get a list of results, click on an entry and get to the line in the note where the searched phrase is, having it highlighted.

Instead you have to click on “All notebooks” on the top left, search, which returns all the notes that have the phrase, click on one of them, search again and hope that it was the correct notebook or try the next one

Ctrl-P does what I want but it’s not highlighting the result which is just a minor inconvenience.

• t_378@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Vimwiki + Syncthing. You can deafult your vimwiki to create markdown files… This only works if you use vim/neovim as your text editor.

• rambos@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Obsidian + syncthing for all platforms. Probably also possible joplin + syncthing but didnt try that one

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Yeah, tried that a few days ago and gave up on it after trying change the date format to something that wasn’t in their (horribly designed UX wise) options which basically mangled the whole thing. It sounds like a really cool system but I think I’ll wait a few years.