• Andreas@feddit.dk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Exactly, if an instance loves to censor others so much they should deal with the consequences of less interaction and visibility. lemmy.ml is also dropping off my feed because their devs have beef with Kbin’s dev and they blocked interactions from all Kbin instances.

• Spectator@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I was really surprised to hear this, so I dug a little deeper. It looks like an honest mistake.

Here’s what their admin said:

We unintionally did until about 8 hours ago.

Lemmy.ml has a ton of bot crawlers in its nginx logs spam fetching posts, so I added the bots to an nginx block. Turns out one called kbinbot wasn’t actually a crawling bot, but their federation requester.

If we don’t respond quickly, its because we have notification backlogs that are months long at this point.

• Andreas@feddit.dk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

That’s relieving to hear. I know the backstory of Kbin is that Ernest was originally a Lemmy contributor but he and Lemmy’s devs got into a disagreement about politics, so he went to start his own project instead. There was no communication about the block from Lemmy’s devs for a while so a lot of people, including me, theorized that it was related to the conflict.