Sorry if this has been discussed here before, I‘m a new reddit refugee and I just stumbled over this community, awesome that this place already exists again! I always enjoyed the discussion threads on the subreddit throughout a race weekend, so I was wondering if something similar will be done here? On the other hand, this community is still very small, so it may be a little overkill I guess. Looking forward to following my first GP through Lemmy either way - I‘ll see you all on Friday

• r0bbbo@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m trying to figure out if this is now the major hub for F1 fans or if Discord OS winning—any numbers from either? I certainly prefer it here!

• iamgamerman@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I tried out the discord and just found it wasn’t nearly as good for having a forum style discussion. It was basically a big group chat with everyone having their own conversations over each other without a real way of organizing them. I’m hoping this community here can be the new hub!

• r0bbbo@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah, I really hope this becomes the place. Anything we can do to encourage the Discord group to migrate here or to get r/Formula1 to update their blackout message?