• Igloojoe@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

They missed the best part when he was calling the fallen soldiers losers. Trump also said he didnt know if the allied forces were the good guys during ww2.

• JeeBaiChow@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I sure as hell didn’t believe this act was anything but a photo op. Isn’t this the guy who said he thought wonded veterans were unsightly and an embarrassment?

• FaeDrifter@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Yup and the reason was that all non-essential workers were furloughed because of the covid pandemic.

Nothing quite says Murica like your McDonalds being your “essential workers”.

• ZeroCool@feddit.ch
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

The first time he served McDonalds at the White House was because Trump caused the longest government shutdown in US history after Congress refused to give him $5 billion for his stupid wall. That was well before the pandemic.

• DudeBoy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Fuck this guy but what is with this article. Does rolling stone really think that their readership is so dumb they’d believe this was anything other than an obvious attempt at humor?

• morphballganon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

At his advanced age, and in his poor health, he really shouldn’t be doing anything strenuous like that, nor anything stressful like campaigning for office. Maybe that’s why he skipped the debates; his heart couldn’t handle them.

• takeda@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

He is leading by a large margin, the debates at best won’t do anything at worst would cause him to lose the lead and help one of the worse performing candidates.

A decent candidate would still take part in debates, because it helps Americans to make a more informed decision, but Trump isn’t decent.

• vividspecter@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Actually going to the debates will show to everyone how much his mental acuity has declined, and take some of the wind out of his “Biden is senile” comments.

• Mossy Feathers (They/Them)@pawb.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Jesus fucking christ is that actually what he looks like when he’s grinning? I’ve never seen any pictures of him like that, and I never want to see one again. How horrifying.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Former president Donald Trump tried to do a charitable thing Sunday, handing out food to Texas National Guard soldiers, troopers, and others who will be working at the border during Thanksgiving.

Both Abbott and Trump are virulently opposed to migrants coming across the U.S. southern border and have used ugly, racist rhetoric to push their views.

Abbott has started a program that buses migrants from Texas to Democratic-led cities such as New York and Washington, D.C.

Trump has also promised to end birthright citizenship, a right guaranteed by the 14th amendment, for children of undocumented immigrants.

“As part of my plan to secure the border on Day 1, I will sign an executive order making clear to federal agencies that under the correct interpretation of the law, going forward the future children of illegal aliens will not receive automatic U.S. citizenship,” Trump said in a campaign video released in May.

The Biden campaign responded to Trump’s racist and xenophobic plans in a statement from campaign spokesperson Ammar Moussa earlier this month: “Mass detention camps, attempts to deny children born here citizenship, uprooting families with mass deportations — this is the horrifying reality that awaits the American people if Donald Trump is allowed anywhere near the Oval Office again.

The original article contains 467 words, the summary contains 208 words. Saved 55%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• aDuckk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Apparently that’s happening on the Associated Press website as well. Websites relying on ad dollars will be in trouble when having a strong blocker has become basic security. Can’t even check the news without your browser getting hijacked with scams