• EndlessApollo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

Shit you’re right, I forgot that banks and hospitals are exactly the same as a plane headed towards a building

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

Bank robbers aren’t going to murder thousands if they pull off the heist. Blowing up the 9/11 planes would’ve saved a lot of people, indiscriminately killing hostages to get at the robbers is just evil. Israel is doing the latter, and I can’t think of any way that killing Palestinian civilians is a remotely justifiable or effective way of saving Israelis or anyone else

• gedaliyah@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

So you are criticizing your OWN metaphor?

Or you’re suggesting that Hamas are not terrorists? Or are you one of those weird denialists who think there were not 1200 Israelis killed in the Oct 7 attacks?

I’m so confused.

Hamas has continued indiscriminately firing thousands of rockets, displacing hundreds of thousands of Israelis who fear for their lives, and has promised to repeat the attacks if left to their devices. So it’s a terror group that has killed, they are killing, and they will kill again.

I agree bank robbers is a bad metaphor, but it’s YOUR metaphor.

• IceBerg@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              7 months ago

I assume this comment relates to the people displaced during the war of 1948. A war which was started by the arabs living in Israel as a way to oppose the u.n. decision of a two state solution (first but not last time this happens). Those displaced settlers?

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                7 months ago

So the war was started by people living in palestine who didn’t want their country to be handed over to zionists who would drive them out of their homes. Sounds cool and entirely justified to me

• IceBerg@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  7 months ago

Are under the conception that Jews are new to what you refer as palastine? Do you know where the name palastine originates from? Could you do a search for the palastine flag prior to 1948 and tell us what you found? Could you search for any “palastinian” artifact that was dug up in archeolgical digs? Because you can very easily find such jewish artifacts from over 2000 years BCE.

link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    7 months ago

Woa, nobody was ever making artifacts in Israel besides jews? That’s news to me, thanks for telling me, I fully support bombing refugee camps full of Palestinian children now (they’d be empty since apparently there just weren’t any people living in palestine from 2000 bce to 1948)

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

You seem to confuse easy, let me explain. I wasn’t the one bringing up 9/11 in the first place, that was never part of my metaphor. It was a dumb and irrelevant thing of the other person to bring up for reasons I’ve already explained. I was saying the IDF would kill hostages rather than trying to defuse a hostage situation without killing everyone, as has happened countless times. Was that simple enough for you or do you need the 3rd grade version?