Have you guys tried roleplaying with your characters (multiplayer)?

Not necessarily through audio but with the game chat function at least!

• Comment on the events heard/seen on the TV/radio
  • Build up a character personality through their occupation and personality traits and act on them
  • Tell tales of what you have done in the game
  • Discuss about several locations in the game world
  • Go through future prospects, goals, fears…

I tried a little bit with one friend (the others weren’t interested) with one line here there. Was fun!

With modded extra animations it could get even more interesting!

• unhappy_grapefruit 2@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    8 months ago

Tried a roleplaying stalker server once shittest experience in my life the mods would come at me for the tiniest thing and most of the people there i did meet a few awesome people were shitheads I ended up taking my spawn gun loading it and just running in and rdming everyone till I got banned

• Damaskox@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Well, it will always become an either a hit or a miss experience when you delve into something new.
      Jumping in a new server is one of those situations.

Sometimes people have different goals. If your doesn’t meet theirs, or even if you cannot get along with a group, you can always jump ships and try again to find a group more suitable for you 🙂

I would argue that it would be generally better to just leave than starting wreak havoc. Of course it can be difficult to go away peacefully if you get pissed off or otherwise feel like insulted or hurt but you easily end up with both parties feeling even more awful after the situation has ended if you cause (even more) damage.

But oh well.
      Gonna try again with some other group/server? With friends perhaps?