“Twitter owner calls Facebook founder a ‘cuck’ as rancour grows over launch of Threads, a competitor to Musk’s network”

Man I thought this was The Onion at first

• Auzy@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Thats the crazy thing. I don’t think the way facebook operates is great. But, I can’t recall Zuckerberg doing anything weird/bad in public (a lot of crap he gets, seems unwarranted, and you could easily go out and get a beer with him).

Whereas with Musk. He actually seems like the kind of guy whose friends have to make excuses for him, and are likely sick of him acting like a right-wing-extremist boomer

• Lucien@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Right, most of the complaints people have about Zuckerberg is that he’s a stereotypical tech bro ceo lacking a moral compass.

People calling Zuckerberg a lizard person or robot mostly come from how he talked and acted when under intense public questioning by legislators regarding user privacy and their business model. That’s a high pressure situation where he was coached on what he could and could not say by legal to minimize the fallout, so his awkward expressions and stilted speech are understandable.

People don’t like him because he’s a ruthless ceo, and that requires some level of sociopathy pull off. Musk, on the other hand, actively antagonizes people and seems to thrive on controversy. His primary goal seems to be ego-driven, unlike Zuckerberg who’s solely in it for the money.

• Sharkwellington@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

The only sort-of controversy I can think of is when he called his users idiots for giving him their data, what, 15-20 years ago when he was in college? That wasn’t even a public statement. Musk is loudly calling anybody who opposes him on anything a cuck, pedo, asshole…