@ernest

Sorry to tag you, but I’m not really sure what’s going on. Kbin federation from my node to kbin.social doesn’t seem to be working, or if it does, it’s very intermittent.

kbin.social to my node works most of the time, but also loses information but much less frequently.

Is there any reason why kbin.social isn’t accepting incoming federation from my note (showeq.com) or why it’s so severely delayed when it does?

• kavides@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t know if this is the right place for this or how to help but…I think it is spelled ernest.

• stevecrox@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I noticed it has RabbitMQ in “the caddy”.

I used to have a problem with an infrasture team, they would alter a managed switch or restart the DNS server I used and RabbitMQ would start running slow.

The solution was to restart RabbitMQ, everything else deployed was fine.

The other issue I used to have was resource related, if you hit the peak connection limit on a box the erlang processes could become disconnected from the erlang runtime.

The results here are abit random, it might refuse all incoming connections, it might run slow. You can tell thishas happened because restarting the application fails. It will stop but processes persist and prevent a start.

#rabbitmq