The short trains are kind of hilarious but the ride looks great. I’m so glad to see this ride was saved from being scrapped.

• stooth64@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

This video is horrendous but I’m really excited to check this one out next year! Indiana Beach is a reasonable day trip for me, yet I still haven’t been there.

• Bob K Mertz@lemm.eeOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

I kind of like the video but I’ll agree it really doesn’t serve the purpose of a POV at all. IB is a great park… not an all day park but what is there is really good. I especially love LoCoSuMo – that ride is worth the trip IMHO.

• Crackhappy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

That’s great! What a classic! So glad it got brought back from the dead, even though I would never ride it myself. :)

• Bob K Mertz@lemm.eeOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

It ran with 5 cars in Mexico but I believe the trains may be from Mindbender (GalaxyLand) which ran with 3. Both source rides had accidents due to poor maintenance so it may be an issue of just not having enough parts to build a full 5 car train but also could be in the interest of reducing forces. I don’t know any of this for certain but just some somewhat-educated speculation. I think the biggest reason why it looks so weird is because the default image of those trains typically relates more to the park installations like SooperDooperLooper.