• PineapplePartisan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Yep. Season one was campy fun. Corny dialogue, rubber monsters, bad fighting scenes, sexy people with their boobs, abs, jawlines, and butts on display. The show knew it was exploitative garbage and it executed it well.

After that it just turned into yet another milquetoast fantasy series with boring tropes like the royal who is cast out and must win back their throne, dull “race” story lines about humans and non-humans. Make every character and storyline miserable and moody, take out all the campy fun. Just the most dull middle of the road writing.

I didn’t make it past the third episode I’m season 3. I’m done with the show. I guess the Barbie movie will be the next opportunity for campy fun.

• Decoy321@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

In the interest of starting an actual discussion, what don’t you like about season 3?

• dakku@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

The writing took a nose dive imho. I barely got through the first episode, the dialogue one time seems like it’s been pulled from Duke Nuke’em, the other time straight from a soap opera where they keep switching places around and talk about their feelings. The actors left me the impression that they’re just going through the motions and gave up, and the story feels all over the place with no direction.

• isthingoneventhis@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s a genuine talent Netflix has for the absolute shit scripts they push. The Frontier is another example of an okay-ish first season (it wasn’t a great show by any means but I was mildly optimistic) and then season 2-3 straight bad.

They dump all their money into making it look pretty and absolutely fuck all on writing. I’ve given up on them.

• kameecoding@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

same with Altered carbon, season 1 was pretty dope, for the second season they hired writers from the CW for it, it was crap

• isthingoneventhis@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

Oh man LOL that one was a ride. Throwing it on the “just read the book” list. Most Netflix series seem to just tank after the first season.

• Captain Poofter@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

I don’t watch the show or care about the games, but I watched one episode of season 1 and it looked cheap and didn’t have a good plot, so I feel like maybe people might just be out of the honeymoon period and taking off their rose colored glasses

• julesiecoolsie@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

I’m a huge fan of the games and books, they massacred the show right from the start. Season 1 is boring and doesn’t capture any of the atmosphere of the series.

• kionay@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Geralt of Rivia, The White Wolf has become Dad of Rivia, The Daughter-Carer.

It’s, I imagine, exactly what someone who knows nothing about The Witcher outside of this specific TV show, would want to see. Gruff-badass-has-a-heart-of-gold sells real well so it’s not surprising, just disappointing.

• lord_of_the_vandals@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

For me it started with the recap of the previous season. It did nearly nothing to jog my memory. Rather felt like a trailer for season 2 which was entirely pointless.

The rest of the season was way too short. Every episode felt disjointed and all over the place. Everything felt mediocre and like they didn’t know where they were trying to go with this or what they were trying to say. Then the ending… Well, it feels like there was none. Just an odd episode that didn’t tie up anything.

• JustALeatherBoot@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Just finished episode 3, and some of the scenes were awful obvious green screens. Way worse than anything in S1 or 2.

The part with Ciri riding on horseback was Twilight tree-climbing level cringe

• MisterFrog@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I didn’t hate the first batch of episodes, last couple they just released were utter crap. Found myself skipping forward a lot.

I watched it despite knowing it would be bad, figured I should at least ride out Henry Cavil’s tenure. Can’t say I care to watch season 4.

What a pity

• Tsavo43@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Just finished binge watching all 3 seasons. Did they forget what show they were writing for? Season 1 actually followed the guy who’s name is the title. Season 2-3 they decided everyone but him was important and went game of thrones. WTF Netflix?