hey everyone. if you want to post links or discuss the Reddit blackout today, please localize it to this thread in order to keep things tidy! Thanks!

• zurohki@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This. For a lot of people Reddit isn’t reddit.com, it’s Apollo or Relay or Sync or Reddit Is Fun.

After the apps stop working, they won’t be able to keep using the thing they’re used to. They can’t just go back, they’ll have to switch to something different.

• herosquad@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I stopped using Twitter when they pulled this API crap, and as a Boost user, I won’t use reddit when I can no longer use Boost.

Currently using Jerboa for beehaw and I’m liking it so far, and the dev seems really responsive to user requests. Excited for the communities to get some traction moving forward!

• BrooklynMan@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

not toot my own horn, but the 3d party app community for lemmy is quite active right about now… wink-wink

the community has risen to meet demand, and it’s a very exciting time right now!

• ReMikeAble@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That’s me, avid Relay Pro user, I’m not going back to the pos native app. Loving Lemmy and the Fediverse! Also, kinda psyched to see it grow.