• 0x4E4F@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You might wanna log out and readd your accounts, most instances changed the login cookie secret after the attack yesterday, so now the old cookies don’t work any more.

• can@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I feel like with these kind of things it’s worth saying things that might seem obvious to you or me. I know there’s still a lot of confusion around lemmy and we’re still getting new users.

• 0x4E4F@lemmy.fmhy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 year ago

Yeah, that’s why I usually try and explain things, not just offer solutions. I believe it’s important for the users to understand how things work under the hood. Not in detail, but the general gist of it, yes.

• Curious Canid@lemmy.ca
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That was happening to me too. Removing and adding my accounts again fixed it, but it is good to know the why as well as the how. Thank you!

• 0x4E4F@lemmy.fmhy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s like a secret code. You can define a new one whenever you want (the admins I mean), but that will invalidate any active session (users logged in), so you have to clear cache and log back in.

• torknorggren@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thanks for posting this. It was not intuitive to me, and it took me a minute to figure out where to log out of the app, but it worked.

• Hydroel@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This seems to fix it only temporarily, I feel like I’ve logged out and re-logged in my lemmy.world account every day since Monday.

• 0x4E4F@lemmy.fmhy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Ask the admins if they’re changing the secret every single day (that would be overkill IMO, but they might think this is a must till things get patched, IDK if lemmy.world is on 0.18.2, which implements the patch, or they still haven’t updated).

• omeara4pheonix@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

This was happening to me for awhile. Reinstalling jerboa fixed it. Are you using the store version or pulling straight from GitHub with obtanium? I was doing the latter.