So, I have a 100% Keychron Q6 that I’ve changed the switches and caps on, and it’s been treating me very well!

I’ve had the urge to build another (TKL) board to take up less space, and maybe have some different switches that are less for productivity and more for gaming.

What do you guys build/ keep multiple boards for? Work/ Play/ etc?

• angrybirdbeanie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Hello! Sitting here at my office I have four keyboards around me… a QK60, Qk65, QK75 and a Tiger 80 Lite. I don’t think there was a conscious or logical decision made to get these boards, I just either came across them in the local AU MK buying/selling Discord server and decided to pick them up.

With that said, at home I have a keyboard that is more for typing-related stuff (F1-8x with Sarokeys Strawberry wines) and another for more gaming related stuff (Frog TKL with Boba U4Ts).

• root@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I hear really good things about the Boba U4Ts, I was thinking of trying those, and maybe Holy Panda and or Neapolitans

• angrybirdbeanie@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yes U4Ts are really good - I think they are the ‘best’ tactile switch overall and are quite emblematic of the aspects that make tactile switches attractive. I would love to try Neapolitans too but they are hard to source and very expensive.

• root@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Tell me about it. I’ve been wanting to get a few to sample, but the packs I was seeing are pretty big :(