• remotelove@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

I believe he said it’s going to take him 2 years to fix inflation.

Anyone want to place their bets about the future? Their current inflation rate is at 143%. I am going to say at least triple in two years… Let’s just cap that at a nice even 500% for the hell of it, shall we?

When a country gets that desperate, a bad situation usually gets much worse.

• amenotef@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

In contrast to this (only 2 years to fix the inflation issues. The inflation that has been around since 2002~). He also mentioned in his first speech that the country would take 35 years to go back as a world power if everything goes well. (Source 13:25/15:31)

I do not think this will happen (hope I’m wrong), knowing the country’s recent history, but I don’t disagree with the time. This stuff is very long term and needs many years of success to happen.

Many people in Argentina think that all the stuff can be fixed in just 2 or 3 years. But truth is, it can improve, but will need lot more than that to reach a “world power” / “first world country” level.

On the other hand, the level of corruption is so high, that by just reducing it, it would make wonders.

• dangblingus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

Only way they could fix that type of inflation is with a currency surrender program so that it can be destroyed. Which won’t fare well for Argentinians.