• Pringles@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Ah, that hits close to home. I have spent a lot of time and energy to get my direct bosses onboard with following best practices and doing things right from the start. To their credit, they got onboard with it and are pushing that message themselves now. Of course, the board doesn’t care about that and just jams random projects with strict deadlines without any thoughts given to the IT aspects of it up our asses, but our head of IT has apparently grown a spine and started pushing back, with some moderate success.

The MO of my company has for years been: do a POC and then as soon as it works, push that POC in production. I’m still cleaning up the mess of idiotic shit like that from 15 years ago.

• baltakatei@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Ultimately, the quality of your work is a function of you and your resources. Corruption and miscommunication plague all management systems. Corrupt management siphons resources away from otherwise good work. Government bureaucracy is another layer of management like any other. Customers are not just consumers but working people like you.

Hang in there.