luckily this is just a 32; i had a 70 from the same brand with the same INSANELY FUCKING STUPID STAND DESIGN that i had to find something for…literally at the most extreme edges of the thing, what the fuck is this? this is so fucking stupid, it cannot be meaningfully cheaper than a proper design and it looks fucking dumb as hell and surely this has pissed off 90% of people that wanted a TV and want to put it on a little stand like a normal fucking person right??

• VulKendov@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Its recommended that the surface that you put your TV on be a couple inches wider than your TV.

• CalicoJack@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

Center-mount stands have been around for years, and were the standard for a very long time. If made well, they work for very large TVs.

They’re doing this to cheap out on manufacturing, nothing more. Don’t give them a pass for it.

• Kid_Thunder@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

This is a TCL TV. It is a budget TV. Of course, they’re going to make it as cheap as possible, otherwise it wouldn’t be a budget TV.

Frankly I doubt this TV is more than $150 USD when NOT on sale. Surely not over $200.

I don’t mean to be offensive about any of it. It is perfectly fine to buy a TV within your budget but this definitely fits within the expectation of this kind of TV.

It is also very likely not going to have Roku support 5 years past the model’s initial manufacture date either.

There should be absolutely no surprises here.

• Catoblepas@lemmy.blahaj.zone
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

I have a 2014 TV that has a center mount, I had no idea newer ones didn’t. I double checked the instruction manual just to be sure we haven’t been slowly fucking something up, but the installation mentions nothing about making sure that the table is a minimum size.

• Summzashi@lemmy.one
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              7 months ago

The cheap ones don’t have them anymore. It’s a cost saving measure. There’s nothing wrong with it.

• Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

Center stands are more expensive, buy an expensive TV and you’ll get one, buy a cheap TV and lose the privilege to complain.