• Supervisor194@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Any girl who would take the initiative to say something like this to a guy is into him. If she wasn’t, she wouldn’t have been vocal about it, she would have just properly avoided him.

• -☆-@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

Absolutely not. Women are people the same way men are. We ask stupid questions that we didn’t think through purely out of curiosity, and then realize how rude it was on the drive home just like you do.

She may be, but if she is, that’s a godawful opener. I have 0 rizz but something like ‘I like your shoes’ or w/e is never hard to pull.

• Master@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

I think you got it. Time to pull out the the dress fedora and ask er out!

• XIIIesq@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

I half agree. It wasn’t the most tactful opener but I do believe she just wanted to talk. Maybe she was in to him, maybe she was just bored.

• Maalus@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

Pretty sure she wanted an icebreaker to reach a coworker that hasn’t said “hi” yet. Not everything is about “being into someone”, it’d be awful to work for a couple of years with a guy who looks angry all the time and hasn’t said a word to her.

• HorseWithNoName@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

So if she thinks it’s weird that he hasn’t said hi, why wouldn’t she just say “hi”? There’s literally a million other polite and innocuous things to say besides “why do you look angry.” Just the fact that they work together means they have to communicate at some point for their jobs.

it’d be awful to work for a couple of years with a guy who looks angry all the time and hasn’t said a word to her.

Who would care? I will never understand why people minding their own business bother other people so much. If she makes the choice to internalize someone else’s demeanor and facial expressions that have absolutely zero to do with her, then that’s her own insecurities coming through and she should probably look up some therapists.

• Maalus@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 months ago

So many assumptions over a greentext. I love that you diagnosed a person you have never met, over one sentence.

Maybe stop doing that.

• Obi@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

Or maybe she’s just Canadian and being polite, it’s really impossible to tell.

• Perfide@reddthat.com
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

Except asking why you look angry all the time isn’t remotely polite. Not everything needs to be a reference

• Anamana@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

No. It’s just an equivalent to ‘why don’t you smile? You look so beautiful when you do’

• HandBreadedTools@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

You’re just wrong lol. Asking someone why they don’t smile more is fucking patronizing. Asking why someone looks angry all the time is about asking to learn more about them, as they have genuine interest in the person.

Do you honestly think a woman would ask a man why they look angry all the time if they genuinely believed the man was simply angry?

• Anamana@feddit.de
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

Both can be patronizing.

Do you honestly think a woman would ask a man why they look angry all the time if they genuinely believed the man was simply angry?

And yeah, why not?

• notapantsday@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Some people just don’t know how to start a conversation and will say anything that comes to their head.

• li10@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Or, they’ll be like the OP and just ignore a new coworker entirely and never even say hello, which is also kinda rude and makes people think you’re mad all the time.

• stebo02@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

maybe they’re introverted and want to avoid small talk? can’t blame them

• li10@feddit.uk
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

Sure, but it’s still kinda rude and makes people think they’re unfriendly, even if they don’t mean it that way.

• rifugee@lemmy.world
              cake
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              7 months ago

I guess fuck me for being shy, right? How rude and selfish of me to just keep my head down and do my job.

• jigsaw250@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                7 months ago

Same. Outside from a quick hello (and I mean quick) to people I’ve deemed friendly, I’ll only talk if the job I’m doing demands it. I won’t be rude if someone asks me something, but the answer will also be quick and to the point.

• cosmicrookie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

A lot of people in here are the weirdos at work, it seems. Just say hello to new people and get it over with. Actually, you dont even need to say hello. Just not and smile.

• paddirn@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I can’t imagine saying that to somebody, not unless I knew they were going to take it ok. If he really looks mad all the time and I don’t know him, I’m going to assume anger issues and probably not try to provoke them. But if they look like that all the time and I personally know that they’re nothing like that, I guess I could raise it up with them after a long time.

In this case though it doesn’t sound like she knew him, so kinda weird. I guess some people just don’t care and just say whatever’s on their mind when it pops in.

• seth@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

This would be a green flag for me to red flag myself by pusilanimously oversharing.

• ParsnipWitch@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Next time with Anon: “Never does anybody talk to me or show any interest in me! Also people discriminate against me, just because I am awkward in conversations!”