Would love to know what you guys think and your reasoning for it. I’m starting to see a lot of Apple Watches/Fitbits/Galaxy Watches in my area compared to more traditional timepieces.

• aordogvan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Tried various smartwatches and the problems always came down to one thing: battery.

Some of the watches batteries last a few days or a week but the screen remains dark and to see time you have to touch the screen our flip your wrist which gets on my nerves.

Now wearing a regular watch and each time I look at the time I’m in awe of the miracle of seeing the time displayed clearly.

When they come up with a watch that can keep the screen lit for at least a week without recharge I’ll reconsider…

• Sea_pop@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I have a withings scan watch. Battery life is 25+ days. My original one, which hubby now wears, has a battery life of over 30 days but doesn’t record spo2. Both are water resistant up to 5 ATM, sapphire glass face and an analog watch face with a small, touch less, digital display. I will never not have a hybrid watch again.

• shalafi@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Wife wanted me to wear my Samsung to our wedding yesterday. Yeah. It was dead after taking it to the camp where we had a cabin. One day, didn’t even wear it and it was dead.

And of course it takes a special charger.

• antizero99@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

One word, garmin. Garmin has its own special charger but it’s designed for ruggedneas and there are several adapters on the market that let you charge it with usbc. My 7x goes for 3+weeks with spo2 turned on and does everything else a normal smartwatch does like notifications, quick replies, music, etc.

• antizero99@lemmynsfw.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

You should look at garmin. My 7x goes for weeks with all data collection on and the screen is clear enough to see without the back light when there is enough ambient light.

Unless I am recording tons of workouts, I don’t have to charge the battery but every few weeks. I sometimes plug it in when I take a shower so I don’t have to worry about it.