What better way to break in this community than with a mediocre picture of 2/3rds of a new PA?

I just wrapped up a little test session playing tracks from different genres to get a feel for the new setup. This thing sounds incredible, like having studio reference monitors in the venue. Plus, no more dead zone directly in front of the stage!

• Nate@livesound.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Hell yeah! Thanks for kicking things off! I love seeing the baby boxes from the big line array manufacturers. Hope it’s living up to expectations!

I was mixing a diversity & equity conference for a corp yesterday to wrap up a busy summer. Vacation starts today!

Planning on doing some work on the server and community over the next week or so to hopefully get it as set up as possible before inviting people over from Reddit/Discord/etc.

• goosehorse@waveform.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

You’re very welcome, and it sounds great! Our old setup had 2x15" woofers and a 5" horn per mid-hicharacter, but this fancy new thing sounds like studio reference monitors. Will be a fun challenge getting used to it over the next few weeks for sure!

I had some issues with the digital stage box, so I wasn’t able to establish a good, new baseline with a live band tonight. This is mostly on me, by not doing enough preparation ahead of time and by adding too many new elements at once. Got a drag show tomorrow, so not a bad opportunity to suss out the issues and be ready for a smoother experience next week.

Congrats on the vacation, and thank you for hosting the community and server!