Biden seeks to “allow for the transfer of all categories of defense articles,” his request states

The White House has formally requested the removal of restrictions on all categories of weapons Israel is allowed to access from U.S. weapons stockpiles in the country, as I reported in detail for The Intercept today. So you know I’m not exaggerating, here’s a screenshot of the request:

The request would also remove nearly all other limits on Israel’s ability to access the U.S. weapons stockpiles — permanently —by doing the following:

read more: https://www.kenklippenstein.com/p/biden-moves-to-lift-restrictions?publication_id=7677&post_id=139155763

• sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

I’m the opposite, after reading a few profiles, I’m excited to see what Lars Mapstead has to say. He seems reasonably moderate compared to the rest running for the Libertarian nomination, so maybe he’d be okay. I hope Spike Cohen runs as well.

I’m also interested to see what Marianne Williamson has to say, but I’m not a fan of several of her proposals, though I like a number of them as well. I want to watch her debate so I can get a feel for which proposals she’s going to base her campaign around.

I’m not a fan of Cornel West whatsoever, though I’ll give him a chance to convince me. I think he’ll just steal votes from the Dem nominee (he’s running independent, no), which means Trump gets a better shot, but I guess we’ll see if that’s a thing.

All in all, I’m not liking this year’s roundup. But as long as Trump loses, I’m happy.

• penquin@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

How fucking dare you think and decide for yourself. The fucking herd is going to eat you alive. You HAVE to fall in line, shut up and vote for whatever democrat is the nominee, it doesn’t matter if they’re a terrible fucking candidate, they’re not a Republican and that’s all that matters, right?. They’re going to downvote you to death not knowing that downvoting doesn’t mean shit on Lemmy. Fucking good for you for having a god damn brain. I honestly have so much respect for people like you who are not sheep.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

Yup, same happened on Reddit as well. It’s like me not wanting to vote for the Democrat automatically means I like the Republican. That’s stupid.

I really dislike both major parties, and the vote spread in my area is such that it really doesn’t matter who I vote for, so I see no point in voting for a candidate I dislike. If Democrats want me to vote for them, they need to improve their policies. It’s really that simple.

link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    7 months ago

I thought you were talking about the people down voting our comments, which I thought were quite constructive. I didn’t care about down votes on Reddit and I certainly don’t care here, but it seems strange to only get down votes and pretty much nothing in the way of discussion.

I’m open to voting for good candidates regardless of party, and I thought I made that pretty clear. It’s odd to me that’s somehow an unpopular opinion.