It’s always the patriarchal conquerors like the Ancient Romans or the Ancient Greeks that they idolize and never the people like, say, the Picts or the Celts or the Gaul that rebelled against the brutal Roman empire. It’s never the Scottish or the Irish heroes who fought back against the British Empire that followed in Rome’s footsteps. None of them probably even know who Boudica is.

Ironically, a lot of the stuff you could call “white culture” was burnt at the stake, banned, brutalized, and literally demonized by the Empires that chuds think are so civilized. A lot of pagan culture was lost to time, or warped by Roman ‘scholars’ for propaganda purposes. If they truly cared about their ‘culture’, then "Muh Christian trad wife’ would be seen as killing the identity of pagan women, rather than an aspiration.

• Llituro [he/him, they/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Federici go brrr. There’s a reason that capitalism and its form of state derives purposefully from the Roman state. White culture was always constructed to lionize Roman sociocultural norms.

• silent_water [she/her]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

this is what makes her terfy turn so hard to understand. Caliban and the Witch does such a good job of analyzing the material origins of patriarchal and cisheteronormative relations that I struggle to wrap my head around how she missed the obvious conclusions of her own work. kill your heroes, I guess.